- Universal Studios Singapore, the Singapore Zoo, and the ArtScience Museum are among the 13 attractions allowed to open from 1st July!
- These attractions also include the SEA Aquarium and the casino at Resorts World Sentosa.
- However, restrictions will remain in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
Good news! If you’ve been longing for your thrill fix at USS – or if you’ve been missing the orangutans at the Zoo – your wait is over. After 3 long months, your favourite Singapore attractions have finally received the green light to go ahead and reopen!
USS and the Zoo are Finally Reopening
After a 3-month long closure, the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is finally allowing some of Singapore’s most popular attractions to reopen, the Straits Times announced on Sunday.
So far, the STB has okayed 13 attractions, including USS, the Singapore Zoo, the ArtScience Museum, and even the casino and the SEA Aquarium at Resorts World Sentosa! Here’s the full list of attractions, for your convenience:
- Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay
- Jurong Bird Park
- River Safari
- Singapore Zoo
- ArtScience Museum
- The casino at Marina Bay Sands
- SkyPark and observation deck at Marina Bay Sands
- Universal Studios Singapore
- SEA Aquarium
- The casino at Resorts World Sentosa
- Madame Tussauds wax museum on Sentosa
- Bounce (trampoline park)
- Zero Latency (virtual reality arcade)
They won’t open all at once, though. STB says they’ll be opened gradually. Resorts World Sentosa mentioned in a Facebook post yesterday that USS will open on 1st July, but the SEA Aquarium will only lift its shutters on the 4th! And the Zoo has announced it’ll be opening on 6th July.
It won’t quite be business as usual, though – to maintain safety during these times, several restrictions have been put in place.
The attractions will operate at 25% of their usual capacity, and time-based entry systems have been implemented for places of interest such as the Singapore Zoo. So if you want to see the white tigers, you’ll have to book your tickets online in advance and choose your preferred timeslot!
And for now, entry into the 2 casinos is restricted to existing casino members and annual levy holders.
We’re excited as Singapore begins to reopen, but that doesn’t mean we should neglect safety measures! Remember to wear a mask at all times in public, and remember to social distance.
Having said that, we’re thrilled our favourite attractions are opening again. Which will you visit first?