Have you ever wondered about the end product of a collaboration between MICHELIN Plate and Bib Gourmand restaurants and street food establishments? Maybe it’ll look something like this; coconut chutney enveloping cereal prawns while Unagi meets Irish duck. Well, you will now get to try them out yourselves with the MICHELIN Guide Kitchen Takeover, exclusively on GrabFood.
A MICHELIN Guide Kitchen Takeover You Don’t Wanna Miss Out On
This event will take place from January to March 2021 and will feature four 4-hands collaborations between MICHELIN Plate and Bib Gourmand restaurants and street food establishments. Each menu is priced at $88 comprising of a three-course meal for two persons. And, with a flat fee of $10, you’ll enjoy island-wide delivery too! So, without further ado, let’s check out the collaborations!
1. Soul Brothers: Thevar x Keng Eng Kee | 18-24 January [ENDED]
The very first collaboration is between Thevar and Keng Eng Kee with their fusion of Indian food and Zi Char. These two soul brothers will provoke your taste buds with a combination of colourful Indian spices that meet the inimitable wok skills of Chinese stir-fry. They serve:
- Spiced curry leaf and coconut chutney cereal prawns
- Coffee and caramelised tamarind pork belly
- Pepper fry claypot chicken rice
Capped at 100 sets. Pre-order from 18-21 Jan. Delivery on 24 Jan, 11am-2pm and 4-8pm only.
2. Grill Artistry: Yen Yakiniku x Chef Kang’s Noodle House | 22-28 January
An unassuming Japanese BBQ-centric restaurant serving the creme de la creme of Wagyu beef and seafood is Yen Yakiniku. On the other hand, Chef Kang’s Noodle House is a nondescript canteen stall affiliated to one-MICHELIN-starred Chef Kang. It is well-known for its charcoal-roasted char siew and special springy jook sing noodles. Their collaboration will comprise of the following menu:
- Wafu seaweed salad with pulled abalone
- BBQ Dream Duo ‘Shuang Ping’ featuring Chef Kang’s char siew with Yen Yakiniku’s A5 Omi Wagyu
- Wagyu fat wanton noodles with A5 Wagyu fats and crispy pork lard
Capped at 60 sets (20 sets a day). Pre-order from 22-24 Jan. Delivery on 26-28 Jan, 6.30-8.30pm
3. Neighbourly Link: Cure x Man Man | 17-23 February
Next up, we have a neighbourly link collaboration between Chef Andrew and Chef Teppei. They first became acquainted with one another over Chef Teppei’s eponymous omakase joint in 2011. Fast forward 5 years and both chefs are neighbours who regularly bond over beers. They will be serving:
- Silverhill Farm duck takoyaki
- BBQ unagi and Irish corned beef porridge
- Avonmore matcha cheesecake
Capped at 70 sets (35 sets a day). Pre-order from 17-20 Feb. Delivery on 22-23 Feb, 11am-3pm.
4. Boldly Rooted: Akira Back x Song Fa Bak Kut Teh | 24 February – 2 March
Song Fa Bak Kut Teh is a familiar household name in Singapore since 1969, famous for its Teochew-style pork rib soup. Meanwhile, Akira Back incorporates his Japanese, Korea and American roots on a plate. Together, they are bringing you:
- Kurobuta Bossam with condiments augmented with typical bak kut teh ingredients of salted vegetable and sweet peanut, alongside apple fennel kimchi and XO sauce, wrapped in butterhead lettuce
- Spicy Pork Maki
- Bak Kut Teh Hotteok
Capped at 80 sets (20 sets a day). Pre-order from 24-26 Feb. Delivery on 28 Feb, 12-2.30pm; 1-2 Mar, 12-2.30pm and 6-9.30pm).
MICHELIN Guide Kitchen Takeover, Available Exclusively On GrabFood
Can’t wait to have a feast? The MICHELIN Guide Kitchen Takeover is available exclusively on GrabFood on the selected dates. So, look out for these tasty collaborations on your Grab homepage.
For the full list and details of the MICHELIN Guide Kitchen Takeover, click here: http://bit.ly/MGKitchenTakeover.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Singapore community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!