Nestle’s Milo is probably the most loved chocolate malt powder out there. Although it’s primarily consumed as a drink, this versatile powder can do so much more! From childhood snacks like Milo Toast to innovative ones like Triple Choc Milo Cookies, this Milo recipe list will surely have something for everyone!
10 Delicious Milo Recipe You Can Make At Home
1. Milo Muffins
Total Time: 25 mins
Yields: 12 regular muffins
Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup Milo, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp instant coffee, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 cup buttermilk (room temp), 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted), 2 medium eggs, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 cup choc chips.
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C
- In a large bowl, mix flour, Milo, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, coffee and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in 3/4 chocolate chips, reserving the rest.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Evenly distribute remaining choc chips onto batter.
- Bake for 16 – 20 mins and serve!
Recipe from The Work Top (Tina Jui)
2. Triple Chocolate Milo Cookie
Total Time: 45 mins
Ingredients: 250g dark chocolate (chopped into chunks), 2 cups plain flour (plus 1/4 cup , 4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 brown sugar, 1 cup Milo, 150g melted butter, 1 egg (lightly beaten), 1 tsp vanilla, 1-2 tbsp milk (if needed), pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 320F/160C and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt half the dark chocolate. Set aside until lukewarm.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, Milo and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk butter, egg, vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix in melted chocolate and chocolate chips.
- If it’s too dry – add some milk. If too wet – add flour.
- Scoop balls out with tablespoon or ice cream scoop.
- Shape into ball and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes and serve!
3. Gooey Milo Brownies
Total Time: 1 hour
Yields: 16 pieces
Ingredients: 200g milk chocolate (chopped), 125g butter (chopped), 3 eggs, 1 cup caster sugar, 1/2 cup Milo, 1/2 cup plain flour
- Preheat oven to 150C. Grease 20cm cake pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in bowl over saucepan of simmering water (don’t let bowl touch water). Stir with spoon until mixture is combined.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in large bowl.
- Whisk chocolate mixture, and gently fold in the Milo and flour.
- Pour mixture onto prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until just set.
- Transfer brownie out of pan and cut into 16 pieces.
- Dust with extra Milo or any topping of your choice!
Recipe by Taste Australia (Tracy Rutherford)
4. Fluffy Milo Pancakes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
Ingredients: 1/4 cup Milo, 1/4 cup boiling water, 2 tbsp white sugar, 20g melted butter, 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda, 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg
- In a bowl, stir the water, Milo, sugar and butter until dissolve.
- In another bowl, whisk flour and bicarbonate soda. Make a well in centre and add the egg, milk and Milo mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat non-stick frying pan over high-heat. Brush pan with butter.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter into pan and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.
- Flip pancake and cook for another 1-2 mins until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with extra Milo, ice cream or topping of your choice!
Recipe by Best Recipes Australia
5. Coconut Milo Balls
Total Time: 20 mins
Yields: 20 balls
Ingredients: 250g biscuits (like Arnotts Marie), 395g sweetened condensed milk, 1/3 cup Milo powder, 1 cup desiccated coconut.
- Crush biscuits in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs. Place into large bowl.
- Add condensed milk, coconut and Milo. Mix until combine.
- Roll into teaspoon-sized balls and coat in extra coconut.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge.
- Serve cold!
Recipe by Bake Play Smile (Lucy)
6. Microwave Tim Tam & Milo Fudge
Total Time: 3 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 20 servings
Ingredients: 395g sweetened condensed milk, 65g Milo, 375g milk chocolate, 200g Tim Tams (roughly chopped)
- Grease and line 20cm x 20 cm baking tin with greaseproof baking paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place condensed milk and chocolate melts.
- Heat on 50% power in 30 second bursts. Stir each time with a dry metal spoon until melted. (approximately 1-2 minutes)
- Working quickly, stir through the chopped Tim Tams and Milo.
- Pour into prepared tin and place in fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- Cut into small slices and serve!
Recipe by Bake Play Smile (Lucy)
7. Milo Tiramisu
Ingredients: 1/2 cup Milo, 250g mascarpone, 1/2 cup thickened cream, 2 tbsp caster sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 16 sponge finger biscuits, 1 cup warm water.
- Line a 10cm x 21cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine half the Milo with warm water. Stir until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat mascarpone, cream, caster sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Dip 8 biscuits into Milo and lay in the base of pan.
- Top with half the mascarpone mixture and remaining Milo.
- Repeat the layers using remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve with strawberries or topping of choice!
Recipe by Best Recipes Australia
8. Fried Milo Cream (2 Ingredient)
Ingredients: Nestle Milo ice cream, sliced bread, oil for frying.
- Put ice cream in the middle of 2 slices of bread.
- Press through the bread to cover ice cream. Make sure edges are tight to avoid ice cream leaking when frying.
- Cut off bread edges.
- Deep fry and serve!
- Or, wrap in tin foil and store in freeze to fry another time!
Check out instructions with photos!
Recipe by @sibungbung (Instagram)
9. Milo Toast With Condensed Milk
Ingredients: Sliced bread, sweetened condensed milk, Milo powder.
- Toast sliced bread (white or brown).
- Drizzle condensed milk over toast.
- Spread Milo on toast.
- Drizzle with more condensed milk and serve!
- Enjoy with coffee, eggs or any sides of your choice!
Recipe by oggi-icandothat
10. 3-in-1 Milo Ice Cream Sticks
Ingredients: 5 Milo 3-in-1 packs, 300ml milk, 100ml condensed milk
- Remove Milo from wrappings. Make sure to only snip one end without tearing the rest. Keep the wrappings for later use.
- Mix the Milo, milk and condensed milk together.
- Pour mixture into the wrappings.
- Insert chopsticks or ice cream sticks.
- Freeze them.
- Once frozen, carefully remove wrappings and serve!
- Add toppings such as chocolate sauce or choc sprinkles!
Which Milo Recipe Will You Be Trying?
We hope you found something that interests you in this Milo recipe list! If you’re wondering why there are so many Australian recipes in this list, it is because Milo was founded by an Australian man! So, thank you to Thomas Mayne for this powder that changed many Malaysian lives. Enjoy and stay safe Foodies!