Don’t throw your over-ripe bananas away! Instead, save them to make these 10 easy and delicious banana treats. From Nutella Banana Muffins to Banana Doughnuts and Banana Ice Cream – this list will provide you with a variety of highly-rated banana recipes to use!
10 Simple Banana Recipes You Need In Your Life
If you want to ripen your bananas quickly: place bananas on baking sheet and put into 350F oven for 5-7 minutes. Don’t be worried to see its skin black! Peel the skin, and enjoy the sweet banana!
1. Fried Banana Fritters (Pisang Goreng)
Ingredients: 8 ripe bananas, 100g rice flour, 60g all-purpose flour, 0.5 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp sugar, 3/4 to 1 cup water, pinch of turmeric powder, oil for deep frying.
- Peel and cut ripe bananas in half.
- Prepare batter: mix flour, salt, sugar, turmeric powder and water in a bowl.
- Heat oil in wok on medium-heat.
- Coat bananas with batter and deep-fry until golden brown.
Recipe from Seasaltwithfood
2. Nutella Banana Muffins
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
Equipment: Muffin tin, electric mixer (or whisk)
Ingredients: 3 over-ripe banana (mashed), 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 0.5 tsp salt, 1/2 cup butter(room temperature), 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup Nutella.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In one bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer for 2-3 mins. Beat in eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Divide batter into muffin tin.
- Scoop 1 tsp of nutella on top of each muffin. Swirl into batter with toothpick or knife.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 20-22 mins.
Recipe from Butter with a side of Bread
3. Banana Doughnuts
Total Time: 14 minutes
Servings: 15-18 doughnuts
Ingredients: 3 ripe bananas, 1.5 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp granulated sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 pinch of salt, 2 large eggs, 2/3 cups whole milk, 3 tbsp olive oil, powdered sugar and oil for deep-frying.
- In a mixing bowl: combine flour, sugar baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl: combine eggs, milk, olive oil and vanilla. Beat lightly.
- Mix liquid and dry mixture to make batter.
- Mash bananas with fork and add to batter.
- Heat oil to 360-375F.
- Using a tablespoon, pour batter in oil and cook for 2 mins each side until brown.
- Do not overcrowd doughnuts. 3 – 4 doughnuts per batch.
- Served hot or cold with powdered sugar on top.
Recipe from The Bossy Kitchen
4. 2-Ingredient Banana Nutella Ice Cream
Total Time: 10 minutes
Equipment: Blender or food processor.
Ingredients: 4 large over-ripe bananas (frozen and sliced), 3-4 tbsp Nutella.
- Puree frozen banana slices in blender for a few minutes until mixture is creamy and smooth.(scrape down bowl as needed)
- Add Nutella and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately if you like soft-serve ice cream consistency.
- If you prefer harder ice cream, freeze mixture for a few hours.
Recipe from two peas & their pod
5. Pan Fried Honey Banana
Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients: 2 ripe bananas, 1 tbsp oil or butter, 2 tbsp honey, 1/2 tsp ground cinammon, 1/8 tsp salt.
- Slice bananas 1/2 inch thick.
- Set nonstick pan on medium to medium high heat.
- Add oil or butter, honey, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add banana slices, and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until caramelized. Careful not to burn it!
- Enjoy with ice cream, pancakes, or anything of your choice!
Recipe from fifteenspatulas
6. Banana French Toast
Total Time: 15 mins
Serving: 6 slices
Ingredients: 1 over-ripe banana, 1 egg, 1 pinch ground cloves, 1 pinch ground ginger, 1 pinch ground nutmeg, 3 pinches ground cinnamon, 2 drops vanilla extract, 6 slices bread and milk.
- Mash banana into a bowl with a fork until lumps disappear.
- Add eggs, spices and vanilla extract into bowl and mix.
- Add some milk to smoothen batter (up to you).
- Add some butter or cooking spray to frying pan on medium heat.
- Dip bread in mixture and transfer to pain.
- Cook both sides until done.
- Serve with some blueberries and maple syrup!
Recipe by Food.
7. Banana Blueberry Baked Pancake
Servings: 8 – 10 pieces
Ingredients: 1 medium overripe banana, 3 tbsp granulated sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 cup mini frozen blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 9×13″ (adjust accordingly) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mash banana in large measuring cup. Add milk, a little bit at a time while stirring into the banana, until measuring cup is 1 2/3 cup total.
- Add and whisk in eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Add liquid mixture into dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in blueberries and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until golden around edges. It won’t get very brown on top.
- Let it cool and serve with syrup!
Recipe from Crazy For Crust.
8. Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serving: 8 pancakes
Ingredients: 2 over-ripe banana, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp packed brown sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup milk, 1 large egg, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, egg, oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Add bananas and stir until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Set pan on medium heat. Spray pain with cooking spray.
- Drop desired amount of batter onto pan. Cook until small bubbles form then flip.
- Make sure pancake surface is light golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup!
Recipe by Crazy For Crust
9. Frozen Banana Pops
Total Time: 2 hours
Serving: 4 large bananas
Ingredients: 4 large ripe bananas, 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt (or any kind of yogurt), 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 4 wooden popsicle sticks.
- Cut each banana in half and insert wooden popsicle stick about 1/3 into banana.
- Place banana on baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Freeze bananas until partially frozen for 30 minutes.
- Place yogurt into a tall glass and dip each frozen banana coating half of it.
- Put back on baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
- Microwave peanut butter about 30-45 seconds until creamy.
- Drizzle on frozen banana.
- Lastly, freeze banana with peanut butter topping for another 30 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or store in freeze for up to 3 months!
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
10. Banana Bread
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 4 tbsp whole fat yogurt, 2 large eggs, 6 tbsp unsalted butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 150g walnuts, 2 tbsp rum (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Grease a loaf pan (9×5 inch)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, walnuts, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, stir mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla with spoon.
- Add rum (if using)
- Mix banana mixture into dry ingredients with spatula. The batter should be thick and chunky.
- Scrape batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake the banana bread for about 55 minutes until surface appears golden brown.
- Let banana bread cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.
Recipe by Rasa Malaysia
Learn These Banana Recipes And Brush Up On Your Cooking Skills
Now that we have literally all the time in the world at home, we can use this time to learn interesting ways to use our bananas! You could share it with your families, or impress your crush with Nutella Muffin after the circuit breaker is over. Stay safe people!