Hello! When we say burgers and crinkle-cut fries, where is the first spot that pops up in mind? If you’re thinking Shake Shack, bingo! With so many fast-food chains, there is something about Shake Shack that makes us go back for more. While we can’t travel to Shake Shack any time soon, they have revealed a recipe found in their burgers and fries. Ready? Today, we are sharing the secret recipe for their famous cheese sauce!
Here’s The Secret Behind Shake Shack’s Iconic Cheese Sauce
A few months into the Circuit Breaker, you may have started to realise that there are so many recipes online. Be it the famous Dalgona coffee or Oreo cheesecake, this time around Shake Shack has revealed their recipe too! Found on their burgers, hot dogs and fries, it’s the secret recipe to make their iconic cheese sauce. Without further ado, shall we get started?
- 2 cups American cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 6 slices of jalapeños
- 3/4 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine
1. Begin by heating a pan and add in canola oil, sliced onions, jalapeños, peppercorns and salt. Cook the onions until soft.
2. Then, add in white wine vinegar and white wine. Slowly reduce until it is absorbed.
3. Add in the heavy cream and turn off the heat. Put aside and let it steep for 30 minutes.
4. Strain the cream to remove all the solids and pour the cream back into the pan.
5. Heat the cream until it starts to boil and add in American and cheddar cheese.
6. Whisk the cheese and cream together until it thickens.
Enjoy Shake Shack Cheese Sauce On Anything You Like
While the ingredient list for this recipe calls for up to 10 things, you’ll be surprised by how easy the steps are. With a few heating and mixing, this signature cheese sauce from Shake Shack can be made in your own kitchen! Additionally, if you’re curious about other recipes from Shake Shack, fret not to follow them on Twitter to stay tuned for more recipe tutorials! Anyways, let us know how you went with it and see you in the next post!
This article is written by Joe Sin